UK Plastics Pact
The UK Plastics Pact is a trailblazing, collaborative initiative that will create a circular economy for plastics. It brings together businesses from across the entire plastics value chain with UK governments and NGOs to tackle the scourge of plastic waste.
We need to move away from a linear plastics economy, where we take, make and dispose of plastic, and towards a circular system where we keep plastic in the economy and out of the natural environment.
Operation Clean Sweep
Operation clean sweep is an international programme designed to prevent the loss of plastic granules (pellets, flakes and powder). By signing the OCS pledge, companies who handle plastic pellets recognise the importance of preventing spillage by implementing measures to fulfil the 6 commitments of the programme.
Waddington Europe have a team of trained operatives specifically tasked to clean up and dispose of any pellet or granulated flake spills from damaged incoming deliveries of raw materials, as well as filters on water drains to prevent any granules getting into the water system.
With a high level of corporate and consumer interest in plastics, packaging, resources and recycling, RECOUP will continue to lead the way. In the years ahead, progress must continue at a pace which satisfies political, media and consumer pressure. It must happen in a way which is sustainable and provides meaningful environmental protection. Recoup aims to:
- Lead and inform the continued development of plastics recycling and resource management
- Be the UK's plastic value chain co-ordinators and the independent voice of reason
- Educate the public and businesses on the recycling of plastics to protect the environment
Repak is an environmental not-for-profit organisation, with a social mission to lead the recycling and sustainability of Ireland’s packaging waste; advocate for a new circular economy; and educate businesses and consumers on reducing and recycling packaging waste.
Repak run initiatives and campaigns to help members improve the sustainability of their packaging and to encourage consumers to reduce, reuse and recycle better. Repak’s primary goals are:
- To make Ireland a Primary Leader in Europe of packaging recycling by 2025 in a circular economy
- To recycle 50% of all plastic packaging placed on the market by 2025
- To achieve 80% recycling target for all packaging by 2030 (10% ahead of the EU target)